The Brusco-Falvo Funeral Home located on Mt. Washington was originally founded as the Albert J. Brusco Funeral Home, which opened in 1949. Mr. Brusco was highly recognized for all aspects of funeral service, with honorable mention for his restorative skills and cosmetology. He was an instructor in this specialty at the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science. Mr. Brusco continued in the daily operations until his death in November, 2002.
In 1978, Albert’s son-in-law, Gregory Falvo (married to Cynthia Brusco Falvo) joined the firm; the family business continued its operation as the Brusco-Falvo Funeral Home. Gregory is a 1974 graduate from the University of Pittsburgh and attended the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary of Science. He is a licensed Funeral Director in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Fara-Camille Falvo Garretson, the third generation, completed her education and joined the family business in 2004. Fara is a graduate of Duquesne University and attended the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science. She is a licensed Funeral Director in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
The Brusco legacy of dignity, quality and tradition (recognized for it excellence at its original location uptown Fifth Avenue) has continued at the present location on Mt. Washington.
The Brusco-Falvo Funeral Home is the only recognized funeral home in Pittsburgh operating with Brusco family descendents. Not to be confused with any other funeral related entity bearing the Brusco family name.